Ok! SO this was pretty fantastic.
I have been nominated for Liebster Award by the lovely Niki over at Dreaming is Believing and also by Lorraine at Cookin for the Seven Dwarfs.
Thanks ladies, how lovely to be nominated twice!
Basically it is an award that is awarded to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, by bloggers.
It's just a little bit of fun.
So after my nomination I totally had to join in.
As a nominee I have to nominate a further 11 bloggers, Post 11 random facts about myself, Answer 11 questions for the awarding blogger (That would be Niki and Lorraine) and ask 11 questions to the 11 bloggers I nominated.
A whole lot of elevens went into that sentence.
Yeah, So this post is going to be a little longer than the usual but it was fun to answer all the questions and you'll get to know some real random things about me.
So here we go with the 11 random facts about me:
1. I'm actually descended from Romany Gypsies (My grandfather spent his childhood travelling in a vardo, a traditional wagon). So that expalins the crazy dark hair and eyes.
2. I went to the same high school as Jamie Oliver (Obviously he was a good few years ahead of myself, but my dad was only a couple of years ahead of him)
3. I ran my first half marathon last year . . . . . with practically no training! If you knew me well enough you'd be like 'What! Isn't your idea of exercise getting up to take a slice of cake out of the fridge?
4. I'm a afraid of the sea. Now this one I will have to explain. If I'm on a boat, or a raft or a dingy I'm fine. However if I paddle any further than up to my mid-calf in the sea I panic inside a little. Imean you don't know whats at the bottom. Could be anything.
6. I have 2 tattoos. One I got when I was 17 (I few stars traveling from my wrist to mid-forearm) and one I got in November of 2012 as a Christmas present from himself (A purple lily and vines on my foot traveling up past my ankle about 3cm).
7. I've lived in Donegal, Republic of Ireland for the past 3 years. Quite frankly it's the longest I've lived in one place for a long time.
8. I'm a qualified Hairdresser. Who knew? Really I only trained to be a hairdresser because I was told my mother to get a job or go back to school. But to be fair I did really enjoy it, it was good fun but then I found baking.
9. I have 2 sisters. Both younger than me. Fleur is 20 years old and Brittany is 18 years old and both just as crazy and weird as myself.
Me (Left) Brittany (Centre) Fleur (Right)
10. I want to run my own business one day. I'm just not sure what that business will be just yet.
11. I am a mummy to the craziest, weirdest, cutest, funniest, most amazing 2 year old little girl (Actually her 2nd birthday is the 22nd of January, but she's pretty much 2). She's the most incredible thing I could have ever asked . . . and she looks just like her daddy.
So that's 11 random facts you probably didn't need to know about me but you now do.
Onto answering the 11 questions from my Niki:
If the world was ending, what would be the last thing you would want to do?
Cuddling up on the sofa in my pyjamas, eating biscuits and watching RaaRaa the noisy lion with my wee poppet.
Favourite person in the world?
I would want to say my daughter Faith but since she's already had 2 mentions I'll say Himself.
If you could be someone for one day, who would it be?
I'd definitely be Jensen Ackles, although I'd probably just end up starting at myself in the mirror for the whole 24 hours.
Songbird - Eva Cassidy
Favourite part of the day?
Breakfast. Breakfast time in my house is hilarious.
Best food you've ever eaten?
Stornoway black pudding and marmalade on toast. Don't knock it till you've tried it people.
Biggest mistake in your life?
Cor this ones a hard one because usual I would say if it wasn't for all my mistakes I wouldn't be where I am today. So I'll say the biggest mistake in my life is always eating that extra slice of cake.
Favourite beauty product?
Primer. Anything that makes you look better without even having to put on any make-up is definitely a good thing.
Favourite TV show?
Right now? It would have to be Revenge (so excited it's back next week) but of all time Buffy the Vampire Slayer hands down. I was a total addict in high school.
Magazine or Good Book?
Oh good book. There's nothing better than snuggling down under the duvet with a good book.
Laptop or Tablet?
Laptop, but then I don't own a tablet so it's a pretty biased answer.
Questions from Lorraine:
Why did you start your blog?
Honestly I'm not really sure. I was reading some fantastic blogs and basically thought 'Hey I wouldn't mind giving that a go myself'
What's your favourite food to cook/bake?
COOKIES! I'm a total cookie monster
Favourite Cook Book?
Oooo I love the Rachel Allen, Bake! Book
Who would you like to cook with that you wouldn't normally cook with?
I'd love to have a cook of with Donal Skehan
Do you have any pet peeves?
I hate it when people crack their knuckles. That sound really makes me cringe.
Do you love Pinterest?
I think this social media website will eventually grow on me but currently I really don't get it.
Do you have any special talents?
Erm!!?? I can sing, not like Mariah Carey or anything but I can sing in tune.
What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was very little I wanted to be a vet but for the most part I wanted to be an Actress. I even auditioned at a few of the top London drama schools but to no avail.
Night owl or Morning Person?
Neither I hate getting up in the morning and I love early nights. Basically if I could sleep all the time I'd be happy.
Where would you like to travel?
I'd love to visit America during Halloween
Favourite store to shop at?
I'm an online shopper so I love Boohoo.com but if I had to pick an actual shop I'd say River Island
Last but not least here are my nominees and their questions
1. The Talking Gingerbread Girl over at Life of a Gingerbread Girl
2. Karen & Derick at The Kenmare Foodies
3. Nikki over at The Crafty Side of Sarcasm
4. Emma at E-D Does It
5. Lauren at A Baked Thesis
6. Laiose at Cuisine Genie
7. Leigh at Leigh Bakes
8. Rena at Revamp Spunky Rena
9. Kelly at Happy Wifey
10. Shelley from Piggy in Polka Dots
11. Debbie from Adorned from Above
1. Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
2. What's your most precious possession?
3. Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?
4. What is your dream job?
5. What's your favourite takeaway splurge?
6. What's your favourite colour?
7. If you could try anything in the whole world, What would it be?
8. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
9. What would be your favourite way to spend a Saturday night?
10. What's the craziest thing you would do for 1 million Euro?
11. What's your most favourite thing about yourself?
Well there you are
Have fun ladies!