Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Happy New Year

We are in our final few hours of 2013 and what a year it has been! So I though I'd take these few moments to recap the incredible things that I'm so thankful for happening this year, Some of my favourite and you're favourite recipes from the last year and also my New Years resolutions, because we all love a good resolution.

This year my Birthday Cake Fudge once again was my most popular recipe. I don't know what it is you guys like so much but I'm so pleased so many of you have viewed it and messaged me to tell me how much you loved it.



One of my favourite recipes are these simple yet ridiculously addictive Double Chocolate Chip Cookies because who doesn't love a good cookie! Plus it was the first ever post where I started to figure out this whole photography thing.


This was also the year where I finally tried my hand at some Salted Caramel Sauce and used said good to make some divine Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes


This year for me has exceeded all of my expectations. I have accomplished so many things that weren't even things I had considered as possible or thought I even wanted.

*Disclosure - this isn't me bragging I swear but it's always nice to recap the things you've done and appreciate how far you've come, right?

. I bought my first car and am halfway through my lessons, honestly I never thought I would want to or would enjoy driving so it's so exciting now that my family and I have this incredible freedom now. We're even talking about touring around more of Ireland and making the most of Faiths last year before she starts school.

. I joined a rowing club for it's re-opening year (the last time the club was up and running was about 13 years prior I think) now if you knew me you'd know sport is not and has never been my thing so I think I was a little crazy to join but in the end it was an absolute ball although incredibly hard work. I even managed to win the only gold of the season with the wonderful mixed team I was a part of and we also bagged a silver. I definitely look forward to defending our Mullinasole title next year.

. The Velvet Moon Baker made it to the final 5 finalist for Blog Awards Ireland. This was incredible for me, as any blogger will know you have you're moments where you associate blogging with having thrown yourself into a dark whole and you have no idea where you are going or why you even started this crazy endeavour in the first place but when you get any recognition no matter how big or small makes all your hard work and hours staring blankly at a computer screen well worth it.

. Last but definitely not least watching my baby girl grow into a big girl has been incredible. She's becoming such a beautiful, funny, smart and regularly over dramatic toddler has been incredible. To think this amazing little girl has come from me and that myself and himself aren't entirely failing at raising another human being.

I don't have many resolutions for next year. I just want to continue improving The Velvet Moon Baker and perhaps be able to work with some incredible people.

I would love to meet some of my food world idols like Jamie Oliver (We went to the same school didn't you know), Nigella Lawson, Donal Skehan and Xanthe Milton. It's a bit of a pipe dream but you've got to dream big right.

I hope you all have an incredible New Years however you choose to spend it (I'm sitting in my living room with a few nibbles, a little tipple and himself to snuggle up to in front of the fire)

Thank you to everyone who has read, supported or commented on The Velvet Moon Baker and an especially big thanks to Nick who is my biggest supporting (couldn't do any of this with out your ego boosts).

I look forward to seeing and hearing from you all in the New Year.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. You really have had a great 2013! Rowing - now that is a cool hobby. And being a top five finalist is such an honor! (that you deserved!) Congrats on a wonderful year. I've really enjoyed reading your blog! P.S. I hadn't seen that birthday cake fudge recipe - it looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much mary :D I'm so glad you enjoy reading my blog (I also love reading yours, homemade butterfingers - healthy as well love it) Hope you had a great New Years!

      Delete
  2. It always makes me feel so warm and fuzzy to get a shout out from you! But your blog is amazing and I'm constantly so impressed by you. :-)

    ReplyDelete