Thursday, 20 March 2014

Double Chocolate Marshmallow Oreo Torte


Oh dear lord my friends! Now I know I've pulled a little bit of a disappearing act these past couple of weeks, I apologise, in due course I'll be able to inform you a little fuller however in the mean time I return with quite possibly one of my favourite recipes to date.

Now my lovely friend Nick, who by now you've all heard about on several occasions, sent me a package of those incredible limited edition oreos, the marshmallow crispy oreo.


Whoever thought up that little gem I could kiss you. They're heavenly. Now I'll admit I didn't think the oreo itself tasted very marshmallow crispy square like. Well not until they were baked as the crust for this fudgy torte.

Something amazing seemed to happen to them once the oven had worked it's magic and I was left with an almost brownie like torte with a gorgeously subtle under-flavour (is that even a word? it should be) of a marshmallow crispy treat.

Now as I was too afraid to have this lying around my house for too long with it being in devouring distance of myself I took it with me to our local mother and toddler group because it's so much nicer to get fat with someone else and not just by yourself, am i right?

Now this dessert vanished in a matter of minutes. Yes it's that good. The base is nice and crispy, the torte is so rich and fudgy. The only kind of person who could turn their nose up at this would be someone who doesn't like chocolate and I like to pretend those people don't exist because what is a life without a healthy does of chocolate.

It seems this torte has also given me the unspoken duty of treating the mothering masses to cakey treats every week. I'm certainly not complaining as now I don't have to eat my bakes all too myself, which was never really very good for my waistline now was it.

So yes because I love you all so much I am bestowing upon you this waistline hating, tastebud loving recipe and rightfully so that sounded very regal as I'm pretty sure this is my queen of desserts.


Ingredients:

For the Base:

1 x 350g package of marshmallow crispy oreos, biscuit and cream (crushed into crumbs)
50g  / Scant 1/4 Cup butter, melted

For the Torte:

200g/7 oz Dark Chocolate, Minimum 70% Cocoa
200g/ 1 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Butter
4 Eggs
200g/1 Cup Caster Sugar
50g/ 1/3 Cup Plain Flour
50g/ 1/3 Cup Ground Almonds
100g/ 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips

Method:

Prepare 20cm springform round tin by greasing it and lining the bottom with greaseproof paper.

Then in a bowl stir together the oreo crumbs and the melted butter till well combined and firmly pack it into the bottom of your tin.

Leave it in the fridge until you need it.

Preheat your oven to 160c/320f

Now melt together your butter and chocolate for your torte in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pan of water until smooth, then set aside for it to cool.

In a large mixing bowl beat together the eggs and sugar till thick and creamy.

The stir in the melted chocolate, follow by gently folding in the flour, almonds and chocolate chips till just combined.

Pour the mixture into your tin with the oreo base and lace it in your oven, bake for 35-40 minutes or until it is evenly set and has formed a thin crust.

Allow the torte to cool completely before you remove it from it's tin and serve.

7 comments:

  1. Marshmallow Oreos?! I need a friend like Nick! These put them to great use! Do you deliver?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh - don't believe her! I deliver American baked stuffs, she provides friendship and support - mutually beneficial.

      Tash, pretty sure we're mutual stalkers, mentioning each other all the time!

      Delete
    2. Awww thanks Mary once I can figure out how to get them from here to there I could definitely deliver lol

      Nick - Mutual stalkers - love it, such a perfect description of our friendship right now haha

      Delete
  2. I loooooove those OREOS!!! MMM you are the best mom at the group bringing this pie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, I dont know about the best mummy in the group but I definitely get a good welcome every week haha

      Delete
  3. This is a fabulous cake!!
    Definitely my kind :)
    I've never heard though of marshmallow oreos....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Winnie, well I think you can only get them in the US they were one of oreos limited edition flavours

      Delete